The OIFM runs from the first weekend in May to the last weekend in September, 10:00am to 2:00pm on the Village Green in Eastsound. First 2023 market day is May 6 2023 – see you there!
Are you an artisan, farmer, producer, crafter, or chef living on the island and interested in joining our vibrant market? Deadline to apply is April 15, 2023!
The 2023 Orcas Island Farmers Market Application is available online (link here). Please review our vendor requirements and information, as there may be new information: click How to Vend.
Orcas Creative Kids Co-Op Booth a WILD success!
Children are the future of our artisans and farmers. In 2021 we experimented with the idea of providing a space for local children to try their hand at running a business without the overarching financial burden of running their own booth and all the legal processes involved. The Orcas Island Farmers Market Association is proud to sponsor a dedicated booth with tables provided for kids to learn and grow their businesses on a drop-in basis. After filling out the OIFM 2023 Vendor Application, parents can reach out to our Market Manager for more information, guidelines, and to sign up for their chosen Saturdays.
SNAP/EBT Comes to the Farmers Market
At last estimate, approximately 1,945 individuals are being served by the Orcas Island Food Bank. Some of those individuals may have to make hard decisions between basic needs, such as housing and medical bills, and purchasing nutritionally adequate foods for themselves or their families. Basic Food benefits, or SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program), work to alleviate this need. Increasing access to nutritionally beneficial homegrown foods is one of the most important things we can do to help our community members in need.
We at the Orcas Island Farmers Market are thrilled to announce that we are approved to take SNAP benefits via EBT and P-EBT dollars at our farmers market! Families and individuals enrolled in these programs can not only use their dollars at the Farmers Market this summer, they will actually double those dollars with the added Market Match program that we also are participating in for BOTH EBT and P-EBT.
How it works:
· Find the SNAP EBT Information Booth at the farmers market from 10:00am to 2:00pm each Saturday.
· Swipe your EBT and/or your P-EBT card for the amount you want to spend out of your benefits accounts.
· You will receive that amount in EBT tokens and the same amount again in SNAP Market Match dollars. Both EBT and P-EBT dollars will be matched!
· Use both currencies to shop for: fresh vegetables, fresh produce, mushrooms, fresh herbs, and plants that produce food.
· Participating vendors will be reimbursed for the full amount, including the match dollars, by our programs.